So today was the big day! Time to get the new flipper!!! Woo hoo! So I was anticipating going in for my 15 minute appointment, having them pop the new flipper in, and me being on my merry little way. How many of you actually think that happened? :) If you're the one optimist out there that thought "I do", then get real and read the former blog postings! Once again, I was there 4x's as long as my appointment was scheduled. (So just an hour.) Here's the story...
So they pull out the new flipper and I have to say it looked mighty impressive! They paid attention to detail on how it looked and some of the requests we made. So the part that fits in the roof of my mouth was a lot thinner and they did some extra molding to try to fill in the dark chasm with some pink filler so it looks like it blends right in. The tooth had some more shaping to it too and wasnt quite as flat as the previous one. However, the one detail they must not have paid attention to was how it fit in my mouth. "Comfortable" was the word that was the least descriptive of how it felt. I am not sure which set of my impressions they used to make this, but I think they found some from when I was 5 years old or something. But don't fret- Dr. Mazur is a stylistic genius!!!! He takes it back to the mystery room and starts making some corrections and shaving some stuff off of it... and after about 30 minutes of that.. I have something that I can live with. The good thing about teeth is that they move a bit. :) So in a day or 2 this should be feeling just fine. I have also found out that a nail file works pretty well to shave away some of the acrylic too- so don't tell Dr. Mazur, but I have already made a few corrections myself and I think we are almost there! I'm practically a dentist anyway- I have probably spent more time with them than they spent with patients in dental school! ;-)
On other notes... I got to see the wax up today. It was different than how I thought it would be. I envisioned it in living color, and it's just plain white. But it looks good. I will have a very wide looking I-tooth, but the freaky tooth will look like a normal tooth for the first time in my entire life!!! Woo hoo! The canine will not affect the aesthetic look of the overall smile, but it will just be a bit wider than it currently is.
So that's all for today... I leave for New Hampshire tomorrow morning and come back in time to have the implant yanked out and cadaver bone put in on Monday morning. I think will take my "spare flipper" with me on vacation, just in case flipper #2 doesn't behave itself. I just haven't decided how to explain to the security agents what's in the blue box if it sets off the security alarm. And for those of you who know me, I always get stopped going through security- I must be suspicious looking! That's a whole other blog though! :-)
Thanks for reading and I'll keep you posted....
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment