Friday, June 29, 2007

This may be the best blog entry yet!!!!!!

Ok- so some of you know that I am in the middle of computer science summer camp and are probably wondering how I could possibly have time to blog or even a story to tell during camp week! Well... never fear, the tooth does not let us down. ;-) So i had to take time to blog this one!

So, so much for the 2 weeks and we were done with everything as I mentioned in the last blog. I had an appointment scheduled a couple weeks after that last appointment to get the final restoration done. Welll... that didn't happen. :) The lab decided it was going to take an additional 3 weeks to get everything done. YIKES! Well, that would put us right in the middle of camp week- yeah right. So i have an appointment scheduled for July 2nd.

Well, last week, the temporary started feeling a bit loose. It wasn't off all the way or anything, just loose... so I knew if I didn't go in to the dentist and have them glue it back on, it would come off during camp week for sure. (My life is a comedy of errors. :) ) So I ran in last week, told Mazur we should put a little dab of superglue on that, shove it back into place, and I'd be on my merry little way! After a bit of a discussion of if he could do that or not, he decided he could. I told him it only had to last for about a week anyway.

And last for exactly one week it did. :)

So yesterday at camp, I had to send some emails off to our conference coordinator. The lab the students were working in was full, so I decided to step into the lab next door to use the computer. Well, we have had some heavy allergens in the air here lately, and I have been quite sneezy. So while in the lab, I had a sneezing fit. And on the last "aaachhhooo" I felt something fly out of my mouth. Sure enough, the force of the sneeze dislodged my temporary and it went flying! Panic spread across my face I am sure! I knew I couldn't roll my chair to look for it for fear of rolling right over it. So I am sure I looked like a ninja making very calculated moves to search for the missing tooth! I can only imagine the slo-mo instant reply of the whole event! ;-) The camera focuses on the tooth as a projectile and then comes back to record the shock and awe on my face! Awesome I'm sure! So anyway, I find it on the floor, shove it back in- sort of, and then run to the lab next door to tell the instructor I need to go to the dentist and I'll be back.

The good news was that this time they did just throw a little bondo back on there, shove it on and I was back to camp! Woo hoo!

But how crazy is that???? ;-)

I am just hoping it will stay til we are done with camp Saturday afternoon- I can deal with it over the weekend if it comes out. Wish me luck!

It should be a quick hour and a half on Monday and hopefully we will draw this blog to a close.. but you just never know. :)

Stay tuned.....

No comments: