So I was back to Dr. Mazur today. Luckily it was just for my 6-month check-up. Do you all realize I have only been going to him for a year and a half? It seems like it has been at least twice that long! Granted, the number of visits I have had to him would equal that of 6 years of "regular" visits- but boy it seems like we have known each other all our lives! :)
So here's a recap of what happened today though:
1) He fixed the flipper!!! Woo hoo! It was still bothering me quite a bit and not fitting too well! So we did some more adjustments on it and so far so good! woo hoo! Now I am sure it will be great to have for another 6 months! :) That's right- 6 months. My best estimate is that we won't be done with this until April. YAY. But yay for the flipper to be better- I will give it a full test when I head to Chipotle for lunch in a few minutes!
2) Dr. Gomes still has not called him to order the stent they will need when we go to put the implant back in. It is the guide that tells him exactly where to put the implant this time. We want that. :) So... I'll be making a call to Gomes to see if he can get on that right away. :) And did I mention he leaves town tomorrow?
3) Here's where it gets a little gross- So, it has become evident to me that even if we just go with what we have and put the implant back in , when we go to put the tooth on, there is going to be a large gap where there should be tissue, but there's not enough there right now. Hmmm. Thanks to my dear friend Erin who has also had to endure this same series of unfortunate events :-) , I understand that what they typically do in that case is a tissue graft from the roof of your mouth. So I asked Mazur about that today. He said that is a concern for sure... and that Gomes should take care of that for me- that's what he does most of the time afterall. :) And so I should talk to him about building up the tissue around there when I see him next. And yes, often it does require a tissue graft from the roof of your mouth. I've done pretty well with everything else..but that doesn't sound so cool to me. :)
4) And finally.. quite the humbling experience... So you know I am in Mazur's office an average of 1-2 times per month. And it often seemed that I had my own little Cheer's bar going on there where I could walk in and everyone knows my name. They all knew the stories of what was going on every step of the way. Well today, I entered hygienest land. They know nothing of anything except scraping teeth and offering you the option of mint, cinnamon, bubble gum, or cookie dough(?!?) flavored cleanings. It seemed like I was in a twilight zone... this poor girl had no idea of all the drama and fun we have been having. She wasn't there to share our 4 hour visit that fateful night. She was asking crazy questions like "were you just born without a tooth there?" or "did your tooth get knocked out? " WOW! So to her I was just another mouth to clean. No longer was I this legendary figure I imagined myself to be! I thought to myself- I even have a blog about this!!! How could she not know??? So my illusions of granduer are fading- no more visions of appearing on the Today Show to share the story and my blog with Matt Lauer- no more visions of becoming a motivational speaker and influencing the lives of so many youngsters across the country with my story of The Freaky Tooth! So how humbled am I. I am just a girl- with a freaky tooth- and her own blog. :) And a great sense of literary exaggeration. :) LOL!
Keep smilin :) and I'll keep you posted!
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SO Min's what can I say....?!?!?! You are HILARIOUS for one!!! And secondly, I'm honored to have made on of "the names" in your legendary "freaky tooth" blog!!! :) You can do it!!! Hang in there... The roof of the mouth thing is nasty though!!!
Why does your dentist look like Rob Flynn? That's odd! This is a cool blog.
Post a Comment